Paper Republic’s definitive guide to contemporary Chinese literature in translation features detailed biographical entries covering almost 100 of the most important writers working in the Chinese language today, from Anni Baby to Zhang Yueran, by way of Nobel Prize-winner Mo Yan.
The biographies are complemented by in-depth essays including
- Dylan Levi King assesses the changing role of the author in Chinese society US-based academic
- Zhu Ping discusses women’s writing in Chinese translator and scholar
- Andrea Lingenfelter provides an introduction to the rich but often neglected field of Hong Kong literature
- Emily Xueni Jin outlines the increasingly influential field of Chinese science fiction
- Rachel Cheung brings us bang up-to-date with the latest in Chinese internet literature
- A powerful introductory essay by Xiaolu Guo, the Chinese-born, UK-based novelist, gives a view from the inside